Rules and Regulations
Below is a brief summary of the RVA Rules. For full rules and regulations, see HERE. Members and their invited guests are expected to demonstrate exemplary conduct while on the premises. Behavior that is unsafe or makes others feel uncomfortable or threatened will not be tolerated. Examples may include (but are not limited to):
- Loud, abusive, profane or threatening language or conduct
- Rough housing, pushing, wrestling, running, and/or climbing
- Sexually inappropriate activities
- All glass is strictly prohibited inside the fenced-in pool area. This includes bottles, glasses, condiment containers, serving dishes, Pyrex, ceramic, and any other material that can shatter and cause injury. Possession of glass inside the pool gate area incurs a $50 fine. Broken glass incurs a $500 fine.
- All food or beverages must stay behind the white drain line. Members may NOT sit at the edge of the pool with a beverage or snack.
- No smoking or chewing of tobacco products or use of e-cigarettes.
- Children age three and younger and children with unreliable toilet habits may not use either pool without approved swim diapers. If fecal contamination occurs, the pool will be closed for a minimum of 24 hours. The Board may impose a fine of $250 for first instance and $500 for a second instance of fecal contamination.
- No diaper changing or portable toilets on the pool deck or surrounding area (changing tables are available in restrooms).
- No diving except from the diving boards.
- No swimming under the diving boards when the boards are in use.
Member families are eligible to bring up to, but not exceeding six (6) guests to swim, play tennis or participate in RVA sponsored activities (whenever permitted). The host member must accompany his/her guest on the premises at all times and is responsible for the conduct and safety of all guests. Guests must register by signing in and paying the appropriate guest fee.
Each guest is limited to two visits per month. Babysitters may be exempt from this restriction provided that prior arrangements have been made with the Membership Director. The member is responsible for the actions of all guests including babysitters and nannies. Members wishing to bring more than 6 guests on a single visit must obtain prior permission from the Membership Director. Parties, leagues, meetings and other functions with large groups must be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis in advance with the Pool Administrator.
Members failing to properly register guests may be subject to a $50.00 per guest fine and suspension of guest privileges or membership.
Guest fees are the same for swimming and tennis. Guest passes can be pre-purchased here. Guest passes will be deducted from the member account when checking the guest(s) in upon arrival to the pool. A House Guest card can be purchased for out-of-town guests staying in a member’s house for at least a week.
- Guest Fees: $5.00 per person per day (billed to member account) during regular season. Members may prepurchase guest passes for $20 per 5 passes.
- House Guest Fees: $20.00 per week or $100.00 per season. House guest passes available upon request to email@example.com
Guests of Member Children
- Member children ages 12 and under may bring non-member guests to the pool only with a member parent present.
- Member children ages 13 – 17 may bring up to a maximum of two non-member guests to the pool without a member parent present. To bring additional non-member guests, the member parent must be present.
- As stated above, each guest is limited to two visits per month.
- RVA is not taking party reservations until further notice.
- The RVA Pavilion is available for party rental during regular pool hours but subject to excluded days and times.
- Parties are allowed on a first-come, first-served availability and must be reserved and approved online.
- Approval is based on lifeguard availability.
- Parties duration is limited to 2 hours and up to 20 attendees including swimmers, non-swimmers, parents and chaperones.
- Fees: party fee of $100 paid to RVA, plus $50.00 additional guard fee and $20.00 service fee paid to Sweetwater Pools.
- Party Hosts must read all Pavilion Rental and Party Rules.
- Go here for additional information, or make a reservation.
- Email the RVA Administrator with any questions regarding Party Reservations.
- Concurrent reservations – reserving both tennis courts at the same time – is not allowed. If you make a concurrent reservation it is subject to cancellation.
- If members can no longer use a court, reservations should be cancelled.
- The member family making the reservation, must be the one using the court. Members are not allowed to make reservations on another’s behalf (member or non-member) except, of course, if they are playing together.
- Trash and recyclables should be placed in the large bins OUTSIDE the tennis courts.
- No climbing, hanging or swinging on nets, court fencing, or doors.
- No bikes, scooters, rollerblades or other play items that may cause damage to the court surface.
- No shoes other than non-marking, flat soled athletic shoes.
- No glass containers, bottle caps, aluminum, flip tops, or food on courts.
- Use of the court is on a first-come, first-served basis – no reservations permitted.
- For safety reasons, all persons using the court shall wear shoes.
- No food or liquids are to be brought on the court.
- No hanging from rims or nets.
- No loud or obscene language.
- When others are waiting:
- Only half court basketball games are allowed
- Only one (1) game may be played for a maximum of thirty (30) minutes, after which the court must be relinquished
- Waiting players must remain outside the gate
- No bicycles, scooters, in-line skates, or skateboards